- Join our Discord
- Drop a message in the #dev-hangout channel to get the @developer tag
- Tag @dev_support for assistance.
- Hacked on UMA and want to give feedback? Take the survey
UMA is an Optimistic Oracle Built for Web3
An optimistic oracle serves data to smart contracts using a "true unless disputed" escalation game. UMA’s optimistic oracle allows contracts to ask almost any questions and trust the answer, which enables the use of “long tail” data to Web3 protocols
****It is a powerful and foundational piece of infrastructure for Web3.
- Previous Hackathon Submissions
- Ideas Bank
To get started writing contracts that use UMA’s optimistic oracle (OO):
- Follow this tutorial to deploy an example contract that requests from UMA’s OO.
- Get a more in depth explanation and code examples for OO usage here.
- (Optional) Learn more about the optimistic oracle request lifecycle.
- Dig in to the Dev Quickstart Repo which contains example MVP contracts and tests that use with UMA’s Optimistic Oracle.
Smart Contract Docs